Monday, December 8, 2008

This weekend taught me I know nothing of science or have lost all of logical faculties or both.

It snowed yesterday or, rather, it flurried heavily. Being from North Carolina, I was so delighted to find out that snowflakes can be big enough that they actual look like snowflakes. Like you cut them out of paper, y'all! I took pictures of them. I was fascinated. I actually cried at how beautiful it was to see my hair decorated with what looked like little stars.

Let's call that science lesson number one.

Lesson two is that cats have belly buttons or, at least, something similar where the umbilical cord was attached. In attempting to Google this after Miss Marple would not let me find her belly button, I learned way, way, way too much about cat birth. Gross, y'all. I will never breed cats--that's for sure.

What's crazy is that I'm absolutely fascinated by human birth. Completely fascinated. I read books about midwifery and whatnot, but I can't handle the cat birthing descriptions I stumbled upon.

Anyway, not much else of note happened this weekend besides my emotional outburst at the T stop on the way to church over snowflakes and my disgusting venture into the realm of cat birth. Oh yeah, and my husband making fun of my lack of scientific knowledge about snowflakes and the fact that all mammals have an umbilical cord involved in their birth process.

4 comments:

  1. I gotta say, the licking of the kittens is the only part that throws me.. ew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I have been reading your blog for a while and I'm shy but I wanted to let you know that this post really made me laugh today and I needed that today! I can relate to so many of the things that you write about Boston (I live in New England/about an hour from Boston) and can just picture you at the T-stop excited over snow flakes! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'll have to look up cat births. You've piqued my curiosity.
    And if you want to see giant snowflakes, you're welcome to visit the bakery in Vermont. We've got our first layer of snow and will most likely not see the ground until the end of May.
    Good times.

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker