Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I am, apparently, the only person in the world that has no desire to read the Twilight books or see the movie or anything like that. I suppose I should say the only person in blog world--I actually don't know anyone in real life who has read them.

I have, however, read the back of them many times. This is what I do on the T. Yes, I am that girl. The back was so terribly cheesy that I couldn't possibly read that book and, y'all, my literature standards are NOT HIGH.** Anyway, I feel like I should use the cheesy setup to inspire this post.

There are three things I know are true:

1. I've got too much non-blog stuff going on in my life to blog.

2. I love those random question posts other people put up from time to time.

3. I know that you secretly love them too and want to ask me questions.

So, yes, here's your chance. Anything you want to ask. Shoot me the question. You can also email them to me at nathanandrachelann AT gmail DOT COM if you are so inclined. I'll do a post where I answer them.

**No offense if you love Twilight. Maybe someday on a beach in the future, I'll knock them all out and know what all the fuss was about. I still respect you. Promise.

9 comments:

  1. I am not into Twilight either. Nor will I ever read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok ok so i read the books...and i did enjoy them. But I went in saying that i was only going to read them so i could argue that they were poor literature. And they kind of are but i did spend my time reading them all in like 2 wks.

    anyway....on to the questions...

    What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time...

    What is the one item that you have that you can't live without?

    What is one thing you want people to know about you?

    If you could do anything in this world what would it be....

    What is your favorite song and why?

    Ok those are pretty random and open ended.....feel free to use one or none of them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, what's one thing you want to tell everyone that no one ever asked you??

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is the NY job/apartment search going? Which college did you go to? What is your current job title, and what job are you trying for in NYC? Does the job search there seem really frustrating because of the economy? :) Thanks, this is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's your favorite place in NC?

    If you had one day where you could be anywhere and not have an agenda, where would you go and how would you spend it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Book 1 = mediocre, but the total abandonment of traditional vampire legend and blatant foreshadowing of total abandoment of werewolf legend to come later in the series is curious enough to make you read Book 2.

    Book 2 = mopey and annoying, but full of blatant foreshadowing of charmingly snarky, immaculate-looking Native American werewolf characters to come in Book 3, and who isn't intrigued by immaculate-looking Native Americans, especially when they're destined to become werewolfs? I mean, the irony... Non-supernatural Native Americans don't even usually grow facial hair.

    Book 3 = Excellent.

    Book 4 = Even more predictable than Books 1 and 2. This book features the worst, most absurd name ever given to a fictional character ever. Yes, it's a big enough deal to mention; it's wildly distracting.

    The movie = mediocre on the side of not-so-good.

    And I have VERY high standards for my teen and children's literature. Read "Coraline." It's excellent. It's marginally terrifying, but it's excellent.

    -the Princess, who needs a new name since that gig never played out

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of the Twilight books either. Not sure if I can read another vampire series after reading all of Anne Rice's books (which I LOVED).
    I'm asking the same question as anonymous: How is the job search going?
    When are you moving?
    I think you'll have better luck finding a job once you are actually in NY.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have not and can honestly say...WILL NOT READ THE SERIES. I have no interest in them.
    Good luck with everything!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dont worry i cant get into the twilight books either :) my sister swears by them.. i just am like.. ehh :)

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker