Thursday, July 3, 2008

Scattered Thoughts...

My thoughts are all over the place tonight...

1. Can we talk about the delicious quiche Nathan made? Seriously. He called me at work and I gave him the basic recipe, ie--two cups of milk and four eggs. He added the swiss, mushrooms, crumbled tomato-basil veggie burgers and fresh basil. Delicious! It's easily some of the best quiche I've ever had.

2. Tomorrow night I get to hear Rascal Flatts perform with the Boston Pops. Oh, and if you watch fireworks on CBS, think of us--we'll be seeing them live!

3. Jeans day worked out pretty well, but I need some new shoes that aren't from Target. I think once I have a bit of disposable income I'm going to Nordstrom and asking for city-worthy black flats. I'm thinking some by the Nike for Cole Haan collection. Any experience with excellent walking dress shoes?

4. The office ordered me business cards! Whoa--who am I going to give those to? And, an even bigger question, where can I get a cute business card holder to put them in on my desk?

5. The more I discuss life and business with work people, the more I think I really should follow my dream of sustainable gift products production. The thing is that I have no idea how to start a business. Surely there are books in the library on this?

6. I love The O.C. Truly, I haven't watched my DVDs in years and so the storyline is completely new to me again (although not to Nathan who remembers every movie or TV show vividly). I am not the least bit ashamed to let you know that since getting off early at noon, I have watched my fair share of OC episodes. Seriously, Seth and Summer are caricatures of all that is funny about Nathan and I and the show makes me remember all of the really fun parts of high school (which greatly outnumber the bad parts).

7. Those of you who know what's going on here in Boston because you are family will be pleased to know that things are looking up all around and both Nathan and I are looking forward to the opportunities next weeks holds.

8. The in-laws flew back from France yesterday and had a 6-hour layover in Boston. Um...Nathan completely forgot to go visit them. Seriously. His dad called him from the airport. Thankfully no one is deeply offended. Poor Nathan...his days are all running together.

9. Nathan is currently whipping up a batch of cookies which promises to be delicious. Also, Edy's frozen yogurt (on whopping sale this week at Stop & Shop) is delicious over frozen bananas. Frozen bananas are one of my favorite foods. Your bowl is still full, but with half as much ice cream. I employ this same trick with frozen vegetables and pasta. Use half the pasta and replace it with vegetables. It's delicious.

10. Happy Fourth of July! Can't wait to show you some patriotic pictures from the town that hosted the drama some 200-odd years ago!

3 comments:

  1. I want one of your business cards. I hope you all have a fun celebration tonight. We will be looking for you on TV. We enjoyed the NC Symphony and fireworks last night at Lake Benson. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel Ann...i am TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY jealous that you are going to see the Boston Pops on the 4th of July.

    When it was televised on A&E I was so very faithful in watching it...they showed it live with minimal chatter...now CBS or whoever just gives us bits and pieces.

    SO VERY JEALOUS!!

    I will be watching and i hope to see you and Nathan dancing on TV!

    HAPPY 4th of July!

    Melissa Crawshaw

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker