Sunday, May 18, 2008

Eat, Drink and Be Married.

Whew--BFF's wedding week has been super tiring, but a lot of fun. It didn't help the situation for Nathan and I to have jet lag AND a yard sale on Saturday, but we made it through. Here are some pictures from the festivities--enjoy!

Here's Nathan and I after the rehearsal. So cute!BFF's wedding was at her house. The ceremony was by the pond and the reception was around her pool and in the side yard. There was also a bonfire.

Here is one of the poolside tables all dolled up with paper lanterns that lit up at night. This is by the guestbook table. For the guestbook they had everyone take a polaroid of themselves and sign a message on the picture.
Other BFF Bridesmaid and I with our significant others.
BFF's personalized napkins.
Cutting the cake! It was so cute--ivory with green polka dots.
Bridesmaids eating cake in a small amount of downtime.
Bride, bridesmaids and a long-lost (to us) friend!
You know you throw an amazing party when the catering staff is doing the Cupid Shuffle on the dance floor with the guests!
Ah...the BFF Bride looking oh-so-beautiful.
All of the open spaces in the brickwork around the pool had tealights inside.
There was some typical wedding drama--bridesmaids have to smack around everyone that thinks the day is about them and the officiant waltzed in literally two minutes before the ceremony at 5:58 pm. There was also a moment when the bridesmaids all took off their dresses and passed each dress to the person on their right. Uh huh--I totally wore a different dress than I came in, but all in all, it was a fabulous day!

5 comments:

  1. So this is most darling post I've ever seen with so many fun wedding ideas (and I've read quite a few of them).

    My favorite: "This is by the guestbook table. For the guestbook they had everyone take a polaroid of themselves and sign a message on the picture."

    What a DARLING idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a beautiful wedding...and it so completely reflected the couple's personalities. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that first picture of you and your hubby... both of you so perfectly preppy pink and green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...I love all the pictures! I definitely need you to post them in an album so I can steal them!

    Thanks best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture of you with your husband! I have a Lilly dress in that print. I love it!

    I like the Venus razor too, the schick just has the built in shave cream, so it eliminates a step. I think the razor works the same as the Venus.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker