Thursday, May 8, 2008

Microwave, what?

So now that I AM OFFICIALLY DONE WITH COLLEGE, I read Better Homes and Gardens and Architectural Digest for four hours. I love library subscriptions to magazines--I don't have to buy them or even pay for a coffee like I do at Barnes and Noble. You can just sit for free and read.

I copied down quite a few recipes from BH&G. I've been a good chunk of this semester copying down recipes. I'm determined to become a lean, mean, cooking machine by Christmas.

We try to eat local and organic and most of my recipe-copying has been for whole foods because I think that's really important too. One of our goals is to eat out only 2 a month and stop eating processed foods. I think this will be helped a lot by our not owning a microwave.

That's right--this week we realized that we don't own a microwave and we've decided not to buy one. How awesome is that?

2 comments:

  1. It's all good until your mom and g'mother attack you with the worlds largest microwave because "it's a crime" to warm soup in a pot. Seriously I have the worlds largest microwave (about 1/2 my body fits inside). I hope you are able to keep your microwave free status!!

    Can't wait to meet up in June :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never used my microwave until a few years ago when I realized I could steam just about any veggie (including asparagus and artichokes- i do both all the time too!) in there. it saves a lot of time standing over a stove for me. an artichoke on the stove top can take forever but only takes 5-7mins in my little microwave.

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker