Monday, May 5, 2008

Life's Little Luxuries...

Although I am going to miss Bulgaria (especially Shopska salad and Bulgarian tomatoes in general), I am very excited to go home to some luxuries that I couldn't justify packing like...


My Rainbows. Love them. They are horrible for posture and support and they dye my feet brown every time it rains, but I love, love, love them.My planner! Mine is linen-colored with pink polka dots and I love it. I keep track of appointments, but also keep my food diary, workout log and running gift lists for everyone I know. I love finding the perfect presents for people, but sometimes it is really, really hard. I just signed up for Kaboodle.com to help me keep track of gifts I want to give. It's a fun website and really easy to use.
Mmmm...Need a Margarita scrub is one of my absolute favorite things. I used to live in a super, super cold apartment (built in the late 1800s as a tuberculosis hospital so it was full of old windows) and I used to use this scrub in the dead of winter to help me feel warmer. It smells just like margarita mix and leaves your skin so, so soft. Also, you smell good for a whole day afterwards. I hate when you use something scented and the smell doesn't last.
I also can't wait to get back to all of my cute clothes! Everything I packed for Bulgaria was dark and designed to be worn multiple times--looking cute was not the goal! I love how I get to go back to my Lillys and Vineyard Vines and it's like getting a whole new wardrobe because I haven't seen all my stuff for five months!
My sister-in-law gave me some Arbonne products at my bachelorette party and they smell soooooo good. She gave me the Ginger Citrus scrub, lotion and body wash and I can't wait to get back to using them daily! In general, I miss scented bath products. My Daddy gave me some raspberry stuff for Christmas that I can't wait to use. I love that when I get home I have Christmas presents waiting for me and that I won't have to buy beauty products for the next year!
I use this lotion every night before going to sleep. It very lightly smells like soap which is a wonderful scent to go to sleep to.
Of course, I did find room in my suitcase for a few little luxuries to brighten up my day. My mother sent me some of Nathan and I's wedding photos to have in our room and then I had these things as well.

My best friend's mom bought me this cute totebag to use as a hold-all purse when traveling. It's big enough to pack for a weekend in, but I also use it as my everyday bag. Love it!
I packed my Vineyard Vines lazy pants because they make even hostels feel luxurious. I am a pajama pants coinesseur and these are my favorite by far.
I also packed my Origins Ginger Essence perfume because an outfit doesn't seem complete to me without some perfume to top it off.

2 comments:

  1. I have been trying to decide if I can justify the VV lazy pants, but I think you convinced me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are best. Also, check ebay. I got mine for $30 including shipping last summer on ebay. Also, a lot of the boutiques put them on sale in August or September.

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker