Friday, August 8, 2008

Not a regular August...

According to my brother, the fact that college is really, truly over hits you around October when you're jonesing for a fall break and you realize that people in the "real world" don't take those.

I think the fact that college is really, truly over is hitting me now because it's August and I'm not moving in early for Summit Orientation. I have no quad to meet Nathan on after class. I'm not buying textbooks. I'm not color-coding my planner with the information from all my syllabi.

At least I'm doing fabulous new things now like making dinner and spending all my time with Nathan and not having to track him (and his dead cellphone) down. We go to the grocery store and saute vegetables together. We no longer just pick out movies for Saturday nights, but rather pick out movies any night of the week we want. We no longer have to schedule our time around meetings and homework, but instead we know that 6 pm-7 am is just for us.

It's different, but it's nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker