Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekend Update

Nathan and I had such a low-key weekend. It was so great. After running around for the past few weeks trying to get a million things done, we actually just relaxed all weekend.

Friday night, we hung out with the Baby Girls while their parents went on a date downtown. After they fell asleep, we took advantage of the wonders of digital cable and re-watched the last episodes of last season's The Office (without the commercials, of course). I also got to watch a bit of the behind-the-scenes special that aired with The Hills last Monday, but unfortunately only the first 30 minutes were taped so I missed the second half.

I finished knitting the back of the sweater I'm working on, but I have to frog the entire thing. I don't know if my gauge changed drastically from when I started the sweater in December (I left it at home while we were abroad) or if I just totally messed it up, but it's huge. Really, really huge. The good news is that it's a fast knit, so re-working it won't be painful at all.

Saturday we went to the library (my favorite Saturday morning activity) and I soaked in the smells and came away with way too many books to carry home on the T. Oh well...I did it anyway. I love libraries (always have) and Boston's is amazing.

After the library, we hit UBurger (and finally found the perfect amount of food to order--usually we wind up with way too much food), hit the art supply store and then Coldstone (because Nathan loves ice cream). Can we talk about how excited I was to see that Coldstone now offers a plain frozen yogurt? Mmm...it took me right back to delicious plain frozen yogurt in Bulgaria.

Speaking of Bulgaria, we are craving banitsa. Could someone send us some? Thanks.

I bought a cool book of postcards that depict Old Boston so I framed some of them yesterday. It's so fun seeing these old photos of places we go all the time like Copley and Comm Ave and the Public Garden.

Sunday I made an almost vegan (it had honey) blueberry coffee cake before church and then after church we hit Trader Joe's to stock up for the week. In Trader Joe's we ran into an old friend from high school--crazy. We had no idea that we all lived up here, let alone in the same neighborhood.

We then went to a famous bagel bakery in our neighborhood that was amazingly delicious and so much cheaper than any other bagel place I've ever been to. 6 bagels, cream cheese and smoked salmon for $10? Um...yes.

Once we finally got home it was lazy weekend stuff--reading cookbooks, playing board games, you know--the usual.

Hope you all have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker