Thursday, November 6, 2008

Confession time:

I love alone time. Love it, love it, love it. I love sleeping with the cat or reading or knitting or sipping tea and watching Friends alone. I love shopping alone (especially early mornings in the grocery store or at bookstores). I can spend lots of time by myself and can do most things alone (even go to the movies!).

I cannot, however, clean alone.

I really don't need anyone to help me clean, but rather I need someone to sit and talk to me while I clean. Occasionally, I can get away with watching Friends or The Office while I clean (other shows just don't work), but I usually need to have someone to be there. I've been this way since I was a little girl--I used to beg my parents to sit on my bed and talk to me while I cleaned my room. When I used to clean my room in my college apartment, I would keep the doors open and talk to my roommates. Now, I'm always trying to get Nathan to follow my around and talk to me.

The point of this? Nathan's been working some late nights this week and I've been all alone. This means I haven't been cleaning. My house is a wreck. I begged him this morning to please come home tonight so that our apartment can be sparkling before my birthday.

Are you a grown-up with everything you ever dreamed of when all you want for your birthday is a clean house and dinner with your family? This will be my first birthday ever without my parents and I'd be lying to you if I said I wasn't bummed out. They are flying up for Thanksgiving, but it's not quite the same, is it? Still, I'm having dinner with my local family members on Saturday and, hopefully, my house will be clean by then!

4 comments:

  1. I also cannot clean alone...

    then again...I don't really clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like to have alone time like you mentioned. However, I don't like to clean alone or with company. I just hate cleaning. I like buying products, but I don't like doing the actual work. Is that crazy or what?

    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU FOR commenting on my blog! I am so glad i found you. I wear my pendant on my neck every day too. My husband teases me and asks if I like it better than my engagement ring.. no comment. I will link to you asap. Isn't it great that we were able to be given such a great gift and be a part of such a beautiful tradition?? xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only clean alone. Having someone around is too distracting to me. And although I don't have much alone time I do enjoy it. Especially with a kitty on my lap!

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker