Wednesday, November 12, 2008

This year for Christmas, I'd like some fabric. That's right--fabric. I'd also love more pieces in my china pattern and my Arthur Court pattern, but mostly fabric.

Why?

Well, I'm at a point in my life where if I want some shoes I'll buy them. If I want a sweater I'll buy it. Granted, I will most likely buy it on ebay and will certainly never pay retail, but I'll get it, you know? I don't have to wait for things as gifts.

What was so great about my birthday this year is that I received things I didn't really ask for. My parents got me a gorgeous photo album in my Arthur Court pattern. Bro and Sis-in-Law took me out for a fabulous dinner (and bought me a cute tshirt!) and my Absolute BFF flew up to spend a few days with me. My birthday was experiential and it was fantastic.

The one thing I seem to be incapable of buying for myself is nice crafting supplies. I bought some nice yarn last month to make some winter necessities with. I was proud. Still, I can't bring myself to buy papers or fabrics that I really want. So, this year for Christmas, I'd like fabric. Or gift certificates for nice fabric stores so that I can buy some Sis Boom and Amy Butler fabrics. I miss sewing and I would like to make another quilt. I miss crafty Rachel Ann. Let's bring her back, shall we?

So, parents and Sis-in-Law, take this as my official gift post. I also welcome donations to Heifer Project International, recipe cards from Monogram Chick, and ebay/PayPal gift certificates so I can buy things like:

Arthur Court Trays
Arthur Court Chip and Dip Platters
Kate Spade Teapot
Kate Spade serving bowl
Kate Spade sugar bowl (I have the creamer and could really use the sugar!)
Kate Spade ornaments that match my pattern

Most of all though, I want to spend time with y'all. I miss everyone in NC a lot. I haven't seen my parents since June. It's been almost 6 months! I'm dying, y'all. I can obviously never get enough of those baby girls and I'm pretty much counting down the days until we get to eat tofu burritos with Princess and EC. The gift ideas are only if you want to give me something besides yourselves. I'm going to honest and say that if I've ever said "all I want for Christmas is to be with the people I love" that I was lying. Not that I would've been mad if that's all I received, but I still really wanted some things in all the previous years. I'm actually telling the truth this year. I just want to be with the people I love. I would live a great life without any more Kate Spade china, but I'm not sure how I'd fare without my family.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it wild and very sentimental-feeling when you realize that you really, actually do not want a single tangible item? I mean, I vividly remember the days when I was all about the Sears Wish Book, but this holiday season, we've thought and thought and finally asked for movie theatre gift cards and restaurant gift cards--also known as our paltry list of Things We Enjoy But Won't Spend Money On--and still, we'd be fine without them. In recent years, I've found that I, too, get much more enthusiastic about experiential prizes, which reminds me: We're also are counting down the days until we witness your reunion with the 'Fu Moo.

    love, the Princess, who has been banned from work until Friday because she has super sinisitis and a yucky cough

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for the comment on my blog--LOVE that you caught the Friends reference.

    Can you believe it's the holidays? My word! My step mom wanted my list and as I sat down to write it, I had very few ideas. I always say (like a greedy little child) "I want GOOD presents", but, then, don't know what to ask for. Because, I don't NEED anything fancy, and, I can save up and buy what it is that I MUST HAVE RIGHT NOW... but, I'm with you--I just want some nice time with my family and friends...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get everything on your wish list, especially time with your loved ones.
    I might bid on those ornaments, soooo cute. I have a thing for round ornaments and a thing for polka dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel Ann, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family! :)

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker