Thursday, November 20, 2008

Today is Baby Girl's 6th birthday! I'm a bit overwhelmed by this. You see, when she was born, Nathan and I were juniors in high school. We had been hanging out a bit, but we had never really been on a date or anything like that. We were 17, for crying out loud.

That afternoon, my mother was going to give Nathan a ride home from school when we got the call that Bro and Sis-in-Law had gone to the hospital. We left him at school and drove over to Durham to wait for the birth. On the way, we stopped by Burger King and bought veggie burgers for dinner. Burger King had just started selling these. So yummy, but I was hungry (and cold--the waiting room was freezing) hours later.

Baby Girl was born around 10ish (I think). I really wanted to call Nathan to tell him all about it, but I didn't know if we were at that point in our relationship/friendship. I just didn't know if I could call him, so I didn't. I told him the next day at school.

Anyway, Baby Girl is 6 today and I'm married. It's a sweet time of year--full of birthdays and Christmas and all kinds of anniversaries.

4 comments:

  1. you were hungry because it was more like 11:45---- just before the 21st---- love your memories!!! love you!!! Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day that was. I don't remember leaving Nathan at school! Oh, well. You would remember all that better than me. I just remember Dad having to take me to Urgent Care with a UTI before going back to the hospital to see the new Baby Girl the next morning.

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker