Monday, November 10, 2008

I had quite the excellent birthday this weekend. It was super low-key and fun and relaxing.

We scrubbed the apartment this weekend to help clear my mind. I ran errands on Saturday and we took a walk through one of my favorite neighborhoods with some holiday beverages to celebrate the day. It was absurdly beautiful on Saturday. That evening we had dinner with the local family at Antico Forno in the North End and it was delicious. I had a dish of fusilli with squash, eggplant, zucchini, roasted tomato sauce, goat cheese and basil. Mmmm....

Then we headed back to our place for Cheesecake Factory pumpkin cheesecake leftovers from my office birthday party on Friday. Our neighbors were less than pleased with the continuation of our party. Mr. Heckles beat on his ceiling (our floor) to get us to quiet down. Granted, our apartment was a lot noisier on Saturday night with the addition of two wide-open little girls, but it was 8:00 on a Saturday night! Give me a break, Mr. Heckles. It wasn't even late yet!

Yesterday we did typical Sunday stuff and I started a new knitting project, finished a book and spent most of the day with a cat in my lap.

My present my Nathan should be delivered today, so I can at least extend my birthday at least one more day!

7 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had a beautiful birthday weekend! I bought myself a dozen yellow roses to celebrate you! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you have a Mr. Heckles, but soo happy to hear you had a great B-day weekend. Are birthdays better in boston? Wonder what nathan got you, very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a wonderful bday! I got your info and I will probably close the signup on Monday! Spread the word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you had a Happy Birthday! The pumpkin cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory is so delicious! I look forward to it every year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! If I had known sooner I'd have sent you some cookies!
    Sounds like a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker