Thursday, December 11, 2008

Don't you love how boots make you feel kicky and giddy? I bought new boots last night and, I must say, I feel quite kicky and giddy today.

Cari tagged me to list ten things you might not know about me and five obsessions I have. Here goes...

Ten things you might not know about me...

1. I once correctly guessed the number of pickles in the giant jar at the NC State Fair and won 12 free jars of pickles.

2. Nathan and I will celebrate 6 years of dating on Sunday.

3. I only drink soy milk. I cook with milk and use skim milk on my cereal, but I can't drink it plain.

4. This is because milk ALWAYS smells bad to me. Always. I think the smell of milk is disgusting.

5. I am very much a morning person. I like to wake up, get on with my day and then relax after 1 pm. Unfortunately, this pretty much never happens since I work 8:30-5:00.

6. I have a nasty habit of buying the wrong size shoe. It's totally illogical. Totally.

7. I always have to have one foot peek out of the covers at night or I feel like I'm suffocating.

8. I worry more about Miss Marple than I should. Way more. I'm always worried that she resents us for leaving her during the day and that maybe, at her core, she's really sad. Nathan always reminds me that cats actually enjoy being alone and he points out that she doesn't show any signs of depression, but I worry anyway.

9. I love Coffeemate creamers (the refrigerated kind). My favorite part of orientation leaders' retreat in college was coffee in the morning with that creamer. I have never bought it to have around because it contains about 3 million calories and unidentified chemicals per teaspoon, but it is so, so, so yummy.

10. I have a 5-year natural living plan, but I'm not sure when I'll actually see it to fruition. Right now, I do what I can that doesn't make Nathan squirmy. We'll see what happens.

5 obsessions I currently have:

1. Origins Ginger Essence perfume. I've been wearing this perfume since I was 16. It's the best. I love it.

2. Fiber One Caramel Delight cereal. It's amazing, y'all.

3. Looking at pictures of other people's homes. It's pretty much my favorite thing to do. Whenever we are downtown, I get Nathan to walk with me down Comm Ave so I can try and see inside people's houses. Flickr works for this too (and is less creepy).

4. Trying to spend as little money on food as possible. It's a fun challenge we have going this month. We're have some spendy dinners for Nathan's birthday and our anniversary, so we figued we'd cut back on other things.

5. Formatting and re-formatting our schedule for the few days we're in NC for Christmas. I'm tired already. No joke. I made tentative plans yesterday for an early morning (emphasis on the early) December 26th breakfast before one of the Absolute BFFs has to drive back to Wilmington. At least it will all be worth it AND I don't have to go back to work until January 5th!

4 comments:

  1. Fair warning: you'd better save some time for Mama & Daddy too! I began listening to the mix CD on the way to work this morning...love it and ove you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm..... I ask Clayton at least 5 times a day to re-assure me that Gabriella Garcia Marquez (her full name, because we both really love Gabriel Garcia Maquez' books) doesn't hate us for leaving for the day.

    Here's a thought that gets me through:

    We pretend that Gabriella spends her day e-trading stocks.

    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't drink milk plain either. But I've never had soy milk. My friend recommend the soy chocolate milk stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. yo! what's a natural living plan?

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker