Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I have many things on my mind right now. The problem is that I'll go for days on end not thinking or worrying about any of them and then something will snap and they'll swirl around and around in my head for a few days. It's like a little tornado of worry that crops up every now and then.

Thankfully, the winds have died down again and Monday night I entered into a stage of boundless optimism. Seriously--I can't stop smiling and all my thoughts have turned from worry to excitement.

I'm not really sure what triggered the change, but I'm hoping it stays like this. The good news is that many, many things are contributing to the continuation of my happiness:

Swap packages are so fun to open!
Usually on my workouts, I do 3.25-3.5 miles on the elliptical. Yesterday, I did 4 miles in the same amount of time. I was jazzed.
Watching Christmas in Connecticut (one of my favorite Christmas movies) with Nathan and Miss Marple while sipping cocoa.
It is 60 degrees here in Boston. 60 degrees!
I'm wearing green shoes. Doesn't green just make everything better?
We're in the Advent season. Christmas is coming. People are actually nicer, it seems, and everywhere you turn you are constantly reminded of just how blessed you are.

The optimism is for real, y'all. This morning I hopped on the wrong bus, ended up at a different square than the one I work in so I had to hop on the T, ride that for a while and then walk a bit to work. It didn't phase me at all. In fact, I was so excited to have this time to walk around in the 60 degree weather. I just soaked it in.

I have absolutely no idea what's coming up on my horizon, but I'm excited and I hope I stay that way.

3 comments:

  1. Happiness is contagious! Thanks for sharing it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! It's so nice to hear such positive thoughts! Maybe I'll catch on! I wanted to also let you know that I left you a little something on my blog and also tagged you. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker