Friday, December 19, 2008

The snow is coming! The snow is coming!

Actually, I haven't seen anything yet, but word on the street is that we're out of here at 11.

I'm so excited I'm practically vibrating.

I am going to clean, drink some mint sipping chocolate Nathan got for me, snuggle with Miss Marple, watch the 90s remake of Christmas in Connecticut, whip up some yummy pasta for dinner, bake some bagels for Nathan's birthday breakfast and maybe him bake him a birthday cake.

As soon as I get home, it is going to be a great day. Apparently, getting home is the hard part. Last year it took about a million hours for people to get home from the first storm.

I promise to post pictures of snow, bagel making, and birthday celebrations! Hurrah!

Also, in a totally unrelated note, Nathan's co-worker (who is actually my friend too!) and I just had the following conversation:

Alicia: your husband = hilarious
biega asked him if he wanted a lanyard with an id holder on the end
and his reply was "do you even know me?"

Rachel Ann: Haha
Did he accept or not?
Because apparently I don't know him.

Alicia: he put it around his neck
i was confused about what he meant, too
i don't know him

Rachel Ann: Me neither.
I guess.

Alicia: yeah, oh well

7 comments:

  1. Hurray for snow! Me = super jealous. No snow here in TN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is really snowing here isn't it? Hopefully our power stays on this time! I hope you have a great weekend in the snow and I would love to know how you make those bagels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read this, no joke, in the brief moment before I got to the "Nathan's reply" portion of the passage, I thought to myself, "Um, yes, he wants a lanyard for his ID. He's Nathan."

    Does this mean that I DO know Nathan? I credit that Fusion/Summit week that I spent in his almost exclusive company. Orientation is, after all, a very appropriate time to get to know one's name badge preferences.

    I miss Nathan.

    love, the Princess

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations on graduation! I just got back from A'ville (and graduation). Your name and Nathan's name was in the program. Would you like me to send you a copy?

    have fun with your snow.

    celeste

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's still snowing in VT. If you are a skiier it should be amazing on Okemo. It's really good snow, nice and fluffy.
    The snow is beautiful, but I need groceries and would like to go out soon!! Enjoy the snow in Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a great snuggly weekend xo

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker