Thursday, January 22, 2009

Do you know how little is going on in my life right now?

Seriously, y'all, I feel like I go to work, mull over my resume and job postings, go work out, come home, cook dinner, wash dishes and fall asleep.

Oh, are you asleep now too because things are so boring?

I haven't taken a photo in weeks or shared anything particularly meaningful here. My life is very, very routine and the exciting things that are happening for me are probably not that exciting for anyone that has cable or a nightlife or lives somewhere where there aren't 12 foot banks of snow around.

One exciting thing is that Bath and Body Works now makes Need a Margarita? body wash. I've loved the scrub for years and the body wash is a much better deal in my opinion. You get a giant bottle for $15 and you don't have to rid yourself of your skin to use it. Let's be real--I need to hold onto my skin right now. My skin and hair are freaking out at the Massachusetts winter. Seriously, MA girls, what do you do? I feel like I'm the only person with flyaway hair and gross, dry skin. What are your secrets?

Another exciting this is that I have fallen deeply in love with a new book on baking. It was recently pointed out to me that my blog makes me sound like a "Martha Stewart wannabe" and a "Mormon housewife," but you know what? I love this book and it's my blog and I'm going to tell you all about because you will love it too. I promise. It is called Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day and it is awesome. So far, I've made a little loaf of bread for this week's lunches, a batch of cinnamon rolls to celebrate MLK Day and last night I made pizza dough. It takes about 15 minutes to measure and mix your ingredients and then the dough keeps in the fridge for 2 weeks. You get 4 batches of bread/dough/cinnamon rolls. I love it so, so much. I made my dough with whole wheat flour and it's incredible. Now, disclaimer, I certainly wouldn't call it artisan bread. I mean, it is yummy, but if you are expecting it to taste like it came from a bakery that has been using the same starter for 75+ years, then you will be sorely disappointed. That said, I love the convenience of having pre-made dough. Our pizza was awesome last night. I added spinach, artichoke hearts and low-fat mozzarella. It made a 10" pizza which is perfect for two people with an apple and a salad. So, so yummy.

Are you still reading? Seriously, y'all, would Martha Stewart blog about body wash? I think for certain she would never buy anything from B&BW. I think I can never be a MS wannabe until I shun the BeBeDub (yes, this is what we called in college--one of my roommates worked there). I suppose, I should really say Be AND Be Dub after my little Dunkin AND Donuts rant yesterday.

4 comments:

  1. my skin and hair look like crap. Its aweful. I am in a terrible winter slump here also! The only thing I can come up with is that winter is the worst season! I am SO Bored!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA you had me laughing out loud!

    And speaking of hair...mine today has so much static in it!

    And i feel blah...so ready for spring and a change of weather.

    And both books you suggested i have loved.....maybe i will reread their eyes....since it is brilliant!

    have a great rest of the day:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aquaphor! and I call dunkin doughnuts "the double d" haha Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel: I'm Jeff Hertzberg, one of the co-authors of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. I'm so glad our recipes are working well for you. Come visit us anytime at http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com, where you can post questions into any "Comments" field, or click on "Bread Questions" on the left side of the homepage and choose among the options.

    If you're looking for a sourdough flavor, let the dough age for longer. By 10 to 14 days, you may find it has the sourdough characteristics you're looking for.

    Jeff Hertzberg
    www.artisanbreadinfive.com
    http://twitter.com/ArtisanBreadIn5

    Chicago tribune video: http://us.macmillan.com/BookCustomPage.aspx?isbn=9780312362911&m_type=2&m_contentid=119255#video

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker