Friday, January 23, 2009

Let's face it, I'm better at looking for apartments than looking for jobs. This isn't to say that I haven't done quite a bit of job searching in the past few weeks, because, truly, I spend hours a day searching job websites.

Speaking of jobs, what are your favorite job websites?

Still, dreaming of apartments and beautiful home design also fills my time--whether I need to find a place to live or not. I am over the moon in love with our apartment here in Boston, but I still used to read Craigslist to get views into other apartments. I'm telling you--I love houses.

So, in the spirit of distraction by beautiful things, let's talk Etsy, shall we? Here are my favorite sellers and items as of late:

This print is driving me crazy. Yes, it is only $9.50. Why have I not purchased this yet? The answer is that I love a good budget and it just isn't in the cards for January. Maybe for February. I hint to Nathan about a thousand times a day how much I would love this for Valentine's Day. Available here.


This piece is by an artist who used to live in Massachusetts until about a month ago. I actually met her at Bizarre Bazaar. I dropped about a hundred thousand hints to Nathan that day about how much I wanted it, but, alas, I don't have it yet. I am campaigning for this as a V-Day gift as well. I love, love, love that she used a line from one of my favorite hymns. Available here.

Y'all, that cat is steeping a cup of tea. I think this is all that needs to be said. Amazing. I love it. Available here.

I have a dream that one day I will have a beautiful white kitchen with dark hardwood floors and lots of art. This print has a place both in my heart and in that kitchen. Available here.

While I know that it will probably be at least 10 or 15 years until I have a laundry room (here's hoping for a washer and dryer before the room!), someday, somehow I will have a laundry room and this would be darling in it. Let's be real--I have a slight obsession with photos of gorgeous laundry rooms. You know when you were little and you thought the height of sophistication was pink nail polish or high-heeled shoes? I am in the phase of my life when I think the height of sophistication is a decorated laundry room. Available here.

Hopefully before I get that laundry room, I will get a 2-bedroom apartment. Until we have all kinds of babies, that second bedroom will serve as a guest room, office and craft command center. This print would be perfect in the second bedroom of my dreams. Available here.

These little guys will get to hang out in the second bedroom too. How can you not love this? The elephants are in love! Available here.

So, I think we all just learned a few ways into my heart:
1. Washers and dryers.
2. Decorated laundry rooms.
3. Original pieces of art from Etsy.

5 comments:

  1. Love the cup that cheers print...that color would match my sage green and lavendar kitchen...

    i think you need to do more updates on your etsy finds.

    i love them all:-)

    have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Monster.com and CareerBuilder.com for jobs. But honestly haven't had luck with either. I've considered utilizing ManPower or temp agencies, just as a way to get a foot in the door for some places. Good luck though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling prints-- I love etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so obsessed with Etsy! Good luck getting everything in order for your move! I am a smidgen jealous! I got the pink swap package in the mail to you today...I think it should get to you mid-week. Let me know once it is there so I can stop thinking about UPS and if it actually makes it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that elephant print bookmarked :)

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker