Friday, April 17, 2009

Happy Founders Day!





I've only met one other Alpha Xi Delta here in Blog World, but if you are a sister, then Happy Founders Day! I loved my time in Alpha Xi in college and I'm hoping to reconnect with alumnae here in New York City. I'm grateful for those founders who shaped our dear fraternity.

The Symphony of Alpha Xi Delta
These things do we earnestly desire:

A clear vision of life that with gracious and kindly hearts we may share both joy and sorrow, and bring into living reality the sisterhood of women.

An appreciation of real merit and worth, steadfastness of soul, that without bitterness or defeat we may encounter misfortunes and with humility meet success.

These things Oh Lord, help us to instill within our hearts, that we may grow in courage, graciousness and peace.

“No sorority is better than the individuals who compose it; no matter how high may be its ideals, the chapters compose the sorority and the individual members the chapters, and it rests with each and everyone of us to make or mar this work we have undertaken.
Let us highly resolve that our founders shall not have given so freely of their strength and brains in vain, but that we may prove their worthy successors in thought and deed.”

Ellen Leib in Volume I, Number I of the Alpha Xi Delta

2 comments:

  1. um. your sorority has a bear mascot? that looks like she idolizes betty boop? I'm so confused!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Founders Day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker