Thursday, April 16, 2009

Random thoughts

--These days, I listen to King of the Thing by O.A.R. every morning while getting ready--no exceptions.

--Song of the South and Louisiana Saturday Night make any good day that much better.

--The exodus of the frigid, arctic air from my life is one of the best things ever. Seriously, y'all, winter didn't seem so bad at the time, but now that I have EARNED spring, I want to embrace every moment of it before it just gets really hot.

--I'm so excited to meet up with Laura this weekend--can't wait to recap our adventures!

--FYI: If you apply for a job, put your contact info on your resume. It makes my job A LOT easier. Thanks.

--Also, on the topic of resumes, it's best to correctly spell the name of your last company--especially if it is a widely known brand. It's also great to correctly spell the position you are applying for. Oh, and make your phone number is correct so that I don't have to call some woman named Angie 5 times trying to find you. In short, edit your resume and then have two other people edit your resume.

--I know I alluded to this in my last post, but I seriously feel like I am such a fantastic place in life that I honestly can't stop smiling or even laughing out loud at my good fortune. My word, y'all, I have a fantastic job, a great husband, a new huge apartment. The air has warmed considerably, fresh veggies are coming back into season and Louisiana Saturday Night is on repeat on my Itunes right now. I think I was in denial about how sad and detached I really felt about a number of things for the past few months. Aside from the bestest of my best friends, no one really knew how I was feeling about everything. Thankfully, great things are happening for one of those friends too--new city, new future, new outlooks. I'm so excited for and proud of her.

--I often think in collage (does anyone else do this?) and right now I feel like my feeling and outlook on life is best described as a mashup of being at our best friend's lake house eating fake chicken parm with them paired with sitting around campfires singing and laughing until 2 am paired with photos of pastel balloons paired with that taste of a summer vine-ripened tomato that's warm from the sun paired with that feeling when you realize you just had the most wonderful day doing nothing special except spending it with the person you love most in the world. That was probably a little hard to follow unless you too think in collage. Nathan definitely does not and it drives him crazy when I try to describe my mash-up of feelings to him.


...well, you get down the fiddle and you get down the bow, kick off your shoes and throw 'em on the floor. Dance in the kitchen till the morning light...Louisiana Saturday Night...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker