Sunday, April 19, 2009

Oh man...

I'm beginning to feel as if we will NEVER have everything finished in our apartment. It was certainly much easier to accomplish in Boston when we were both unemployed and home all day.

Yesterday, we had a fantastic time meeting Dave and Laura of A Dozen Eggs fame. Oh, and we met Lilly too! I took pictures and I'll try to get those up tomorrow. I'll explain why I don't quite have the energy to upload them now below.

After our meet-up at Shake Shack (where Lilly got her very own puppy bowl of ice cream) we walked around, chatted and Nathan and I saw our very first famous New Yorker--Richard Kind from Spin City. He was out and about playing with his kids in the park.

After bidding farewell to Dave, Laura and Lilly, we headed to The Container Store to get necessary implements for this ridiculous plaster-covered masonry walls we have. Well, The Container Store led to Home Depot where we dropped a chunk of change for Nathan to get the fancy drill that he wanted and we needed if anything is to be hung upon these walls. The good news is that the drill should last 25+ years, so we're in the clear for a while.

Then, last night in the middle of the night, I woke up with a migraine. Ugh. I brought it upon myself. I rarely get them and it's always for the same reason. Anyway, there it was and, needless to say, I didn't stumble out of bed today until 3:00 pm. I'm still not feeling 100% (hence, no uploading of the photos), but I did find the energy to make some pizza dough and kale chips. By the way, kale chips are CRAZY yummy.

So, all this is to say that some day we might get things hung on our walls and I can show you pictures of the new place. It won't be today though. Between the migraine and our frustrating walls and me breaking the plate I keep hanging above the stove, I've decided to call it a day.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you've not felt well today, dear...love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better...How do you make kale chips? I am intrigued?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a really nice time at lunch!
    I posted the pics this morning. Lily had a great time too!
    We went down to the Bowery after lunch to the restaurant supply stores. I think you can mark that part of town as last on your list of places to visit in NYC.
    Unless of course you're looking for 50 quart mixing bowl!
    Do tell us more about these Kale Chips.

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker