Sunday, April 5, 2009

Honest to Goodness Truth

We woke up REALLY early, went to a church where they didn't even mention Palm Sunday (um, what?) and then rushed back home to finish unpacking and take photos for you.

Unfortunately, our walls are apparently made of cement (no, I'm not kidding) and we can't hang up anything until we re-group, get better tools and a game plan. I just can't show off a naked house and this nest is far from feathered currently, so that's on hold.

Good word. Cement walls? Seriously?

7 comments:

  1. that sucks that they are made of cement. And I can't believe the church didn't mention Palm Sunday. Hmmm..

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know...i went to a church one Palm Sunday here in the lovely metropolis of Morrisville that didn't mention it was Palm Sunday either...I asked the preacher about it and he said he just preached what the Lord led him to preach.

    I found it very odd...I didn't go back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm. cement walls = less noise from neighbors = blessing!!! this is nyc after all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have cement walls too. Can't nail anything in. We use the hooks that stick. Not sure what you do if you need to hang anything heavy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. here's a suggestion: 3M command hooks. fabulous on non-forgiving walls. (i acutally just hung up a picture on a full wall mirror in my bathroom with them!)

    no palms? weird! i had on my palm cross!

    ReplyDelete
  6. At all three services the children processed in waving palm branches. We had a person "complain" after one service that everyone wasn't given a palm branch. She said she had never been to a church where everyone wasn't given one. Can't wait to see pictures...love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. To support your mother's comment, the kids were absolutely adorable and I didn't feel the need to have a palm in my hand. I think the kids did a much better job than I could have! =)

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker