Monday, April 20, 2009

Kale

Kale chips are so, so yummy! A few people asked how I made them and it was easy peasy.

  1. Buy some kale.
  2. Wash it well—get all the gritty stuff out of the leaves.
  3. Dry it and break it into 2-3” pieces (discard the stalks and large ribs).
  4. Arrange pieces on a baking sheet in a single layer.
  5. Spray with olive oil (I have a sprayer, but I guess you could do anything to lightly coat them).
  6. Bake at 375 degrees for 20ish minutes.
  7. When you take them out of the oven, sprinkle lightly with salt or other seasoning.

I also read that you can lightly coat them in balsamic and olive oil. I haven’t tried this yet.

Nathan was super skeptical when I brought home kale the other day, but he loved them! I bought a bunch of organic kale at Whole Foods (in NYC, no less) for $2.50, so it’s  a cheap snack. That one bunch made two baking sheets of chips.

Happy super-fooding!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip - I've been getting kale in our produce box delivery and this sounds like a cool use :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh sounds neat. I'll have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to put kale on the grocery list this week!

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker