Monday, April 27, 2009

Like whoa.

Today my best friend told me I needed to update my blog "like whoa." I'm not one to ignore that kind of command, so let's catch up.

I still haven't shared photos of our meet up with Laura, Dave and Lilly. I know. I'll work on it.

I still haven't shared photos of our new place. I know. I'll work on it.

Did I tell you I went to a fancy party at the Empire Hotel rooftop and that Nicholas Cage was having a party there too? No. Alright--there you go. I went to a fancy party on the Empire Hotel rooftop. All the extra Nicholas Cage security felt a little silly to me, but, hey, a fancy party is a fancy party.

We did work around the house ALL WEEKEND except for a Trivial Pursuit party on Saturday where we ate rice and beans and yummy feta basil dip that I made with homemade crackers made by the sis-in-law. Oh, and our team won.

We went to an evening church service yesterday followed by Moe's so that made Sunday fantabulous.

So who is freaking out about swine flu? I AM. LIKE WHOA.

No, seriously, y'all. Ask me how many times I have washed my hands today. Want to know why I am freaking out so much?

Since the temps hit 90 this weekend, we've slept with the windows open the past few nights. I sleep right next to a window, FYI. The temps have still been dropping down into the 40s at night, so we go to bed hot and wake up cold. Pair that with all the pollen my face is absorbing through the open window in my sleep and you have serious sore throat potential. That is, serious potential--my throat is only mildly sore.

Pair that with confirmed cases in Queens and the fact that people from my office just returned from Mexico and you end up with me--Nervous Nelly. I am super jumpy about this swine flu business. No joking.

So, that my update, like whoa. Life is fun and busy and the temperature swings and pollen make me think of swine flu. Constantly.

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see photos of your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep washing your hands. That's always a good, preventative measure for whatever germs are out and about. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, not to fuel the fire, but I keep reading scary things about New York and swine flu, and I have to ask--are you going to the gym during all this? There's an outbreak in Newberry (previously known as an exit, a speed trap, and nothing more; sad that this has to be their claim to fame), so we got scared and ran on the beach today instead. Surely if we wipe down the machines/weights before and after use and then wash our hands before we go home? But see, we do all of that anyway, so I feel like it isn't enough... Really, I'm just nervous about it all, and your poor blog became my sounding board. Are they making your just-back-from-Mexico coworkers stay home?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, keep washing your hands and keep them away from your face.
    I would not be too thrilled to be riding the train right now.
    Loving my reclusive existence in Vermont.
    Only until Memorial Day when we'll be welcoming the masses into our bakery!!

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker