Thursday, September 18, 2008

Achy breaky

No...not my heart. It's my thighs, y'all! They feel quite achy breaky. I worked out with a personal trainer on Tuesday and I'm still sore. Most of me is that "oh yeah you worked out don't you love this empowering ever-present reminder of the experience" sore. My thighs however are "oh man you look stupid when you try to walk down stairs because your legs don't bend correctly" sore. Oh well. Here's hoping that it'll pass soon.

The upsides of my personal trainer workout is that now I know for a fact that while my arms are somewhat strong from carrying dishes from the kitchen to the conference rooms, my legs are lacking and need to worked on/out. Also, all of the exercises I did with her were really simple and definitely replicable? Repeatable? Doable? I don't know what word to use. The point is that I can do them again on my own.

So, yeah, I'm loving having a gym membership. Good gracious--when did I become such a grown-up? I have a gym membership, a 401K, a financial adviser and a budget! Truly, this is awesome. Seriously--don't all of those things seem like stuff you only heard grown-ups talk about? A retirement fund! Are you kidding me? I love it!

In not so grown-up news, I also now own black patent leather shoes. Oh yes--like a six year old! Mine are Danskos and are seriously oh-so-cute. Urban life is killing my feet quickly and painfully so I've resorted to wearing Danskos all the time. Seriously--do y'all know any good looking dress shoes that won't make me cry by the end of the day or make my toes go numb? Let me know.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad your workouts are going well! I need to follow your lead and start working out too.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dansko's hurt my fee.
    Try a nice driving moc from JCrew, or keep an extra pair at work. When I worked in retail switching up my shoes halfway through the day was really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant they hurt my feeT not my fee.
    oops!

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker