Monday, September 8, 2008

I'm so sleepy...

Which is ridiculous considering all we did this weekend was sleep. Seriously. I got next to nothing done.

We went to sleep at a fairly normal hour on Friday night and woke up at 7 am Saturday morning. Since "the hurricane" hadn't hit yet, we decided to get our groceries bright and early. I do love an empty Trader Joe's. Usually that place is a nightmare, but they sell really cheap and local produce and so it's all worth it. Anyway, on the way home our grocery cart broke. Thankfully, we were by a local homegoods store and we picked up a really fancy all-metal pushcart. It was quite the upgrade.

Later that day I made some yummy Crockpot lasagna and we waited for "the hurricane" to come our way, but nothing really happened. Sure, it rained some, but it definitely wasn't "hurricane" material or even leftover "hurricane" material--it felt like regular rain.

Sunday morning we woke up incredibly early too and after going to early service, meeting our neighbors at a post-service breakfast and picking up bagels from our favorite Jewish bakery, we headed home and fell asleep for five more hours. By the time we woke up we just felt sluggish and unmotivated so I worked on seaming up my sweater until Miss Marple decided she wanted to sleep on it. She wouldn't budge, so I just gave up and decided I would finish it today.

Hopefully tonight I will have all kinds of motivation. We're going to join a gym and then I need to do all the cleaning I didn't do this weekend. I'm also hoping to stew some apples in the Crockpot and box up my swap partners' gifts.

And here's a totally random side note, but do y'all run purchases by your friends when you know it is something they already own? I'm looking to buy a new pair of Danskos and I emailed Yankee BFF this morning to see if she would care if I bought them (because she had to special order hers and they are kind of her signature thing). Is this bizarre? I mean, we don't even live in the same state!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a nice weekend! My mom loves her Danskos. I am debating on getting a pair for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crockpot Lasagna, sounds good! Is it hard to make?

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker