Friday, September 12, 2008

Let's level

1. I finished the sweater. It was big and floppy (even though I knit according to my gauge with smaller needles AND shortened the sleeves and torso), but soft and warm and finished so I decided to roll with it. Nathan thought it looked so soft that he asked to try it on. It fits him perfectly and now he has a new sweater. Darn it all! Now I need to make myself a sweater. He thinks we should have matching ones.

2. It was downright chilly walking to work this morning. I'm not gonna lie, I purchased a small non-fat extra-hot chai on my way in. Cash is unexpected in our lives and so when we have it then it doesn't really come out of the budget. Did that make sense? Probably not. The point is that I did not feel bad at all about picking one up.

3. One of my swap partners got her package yesterday and sent me the sweetest email. Don't you love knowing that you get people good gifts? Also, I knit her a scarf and made her cookies and both were appreciated which is always nice because handmade is not some people's cup of tea. Anyway, I'm so glad I got to "meet" her through this swap. She lives in NC (very close to where I grew up) and she's getting married next weekend!

4. We are going to be a little busy this weekend and I'm so excited! Baby-sitting, yoga classes, cleaning for Yankee BFF, double dates...hoorah!

5. This is my 98th post and I want to do a fun giveaway to celebrate my 100th post. Also, I want y'all to de-lurk. So...leave a comment on this post and I'll do a drawing, announce it in my 100th post and send you a package! If you don't have a blogger ID, you can email me at nathanandrachelannATgmailDOTcom and I'll enter you as well!

16 comments:

  1. Consider this my de-lurk. =)

    love, the Princess, who hasn't spoken to you for real in like a month and a half despite the best laid plans of both parties. And that's totally not OK. =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am absolutely a lurker. I will try to not be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll play :-)

    Congrats on 98 by the way and the sweater and swap successes... you make me wish I had more time for craftiness in my life these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with your background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rachel Ann, I've been reading!
    -Evie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pictures please! I want to see what your sweater looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you finished the sweater...now you've knit Nathan's first sweater w/o the dread of whether he w/like it or not. And, you've worked out all the bugs on your pattern for next time. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree! Can we get a pic of Nate-dogg modeling the sweater! How I miss his face...

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First time visitor to your blog, love the pic of you two with the skyline at night behind you! very nice! not sure if I am in time for your giveaway or not, but that's ok, I just wanted to say hello. I love going to Boston, try to get there a few times a year at least... (we live in Maine, so it's not too far!) I know I want to take my little one to the Aquarium soon, probably next summer! Have a great week!

    micaela6955 at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog, and the fall layout!! :) (Yes, I'm a lurker too :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to win, and happy almost 100!

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha, de-lurk.. cute... i love to knit by the way, but the idea of doing a sweater is still something that scares me! it's on my ''to-do list'' :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, I have two tix to the Phantom Gourmet Food Festival next weekend. Let me know if you want them. I'm not using them, and you can visit with Dave at our booth. (and try some of my fabulous cookie squares!)
    Count me in for the raffle, I'm not lurking!!!

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker