Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fall has gone to my head

I have lost my fall-loving mind. Yesterday I cleaned the apartment just so I could make it smell like pumpkin spice. Oh, and Mrs. Guru, the products work great!

I lit pumpkin candles next to vanilla poundcake candles and honest to goodness swirled my hands around to get the smells to mix. When Nathan came home he said it smelled like an explosion.

I set out the cutest fall soap which I think smells fantastic. It smells like wet woods in the fall. Nathan and Miss Marple both think the smell is not so hot. They both did the same shrink back when I made them smell it.

I hung up a Halloween decoration because we're in the home stretch of September.

I had a conversation with Nathan last night about how happy I was that Miss Marple is sort of a fall decoration unto herself. She's such a nice mix of orange, brown and cream.

This morning when the T never showed up (and I had been waiting outside for 30 minutes), I walked over to Coolidge Corner and got a bagel with pumpkin cream cheese before getting on the T there.

I'm offering pumpkin pie dip with fresh cut apples to anyone who lets us come over to watch The Office tomorrow.

Fall has definitely gone to my head.

11 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, adorable. Sounds like a good time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on over! I live in Michigan but we love house guests:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are finally getting fall weather here! I had to wear my J. Crew caridgan to keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm burning my pumpkin spice candle on my desk today, and I also set out my ceramic pumpkin for decoration. I went to The Little Herb House with a friend yesterday and they served pumpkin chai tea with our lunch. It was a beautiful day and we ate outdoors. I need to go to W-S and get some pumpkin cleaning products! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only imagine how awesome your apartment smells. I want you to know that i am missing you and all the fun we had and the coziness of your shower!! I hope to talk to you soon. love ya girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't usually decorate for fall, but all you bloggers with your Autumn decor are definitely inspiring me to go get some. I did get some really nice pumpkin candles and a diffuser at Pier 1, they smell yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am on my way for the pumpkin dip and watching The Office!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I might have to go get me some products then!! Pumpkin cream cheese sounds so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. me-me-me---I want pumpkin dip!!! We are only a short train ride away, and have the office in HD----love, steph and dan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you should do this (http://www.buyolympia.com/q/) for housewares. Please?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't worry!!! We will come visit again next year--because law schools will hopefully be courting me and that means I can come see your face again!

    And then, if I go to law school there, we can be neighbors!!!!!

    -Amanda

    P.S. Clayton's really excited to see you guys too, and see Boston!

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker