Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thursday morning update

1. Nathan is no longer sick...but...I'm sick now. Ugh. Thankfully, as is my way, I'm not as sick as him. Does anyone else have an immune system like mine? Nathan always gets sick (at least once a year) and I always catch it in its diminutive form. Odd?

2. My sweater is one sleeve away from being seamed up. I have been a crazy knitting machine lately. I just can't stop. I want this sweater to be done so bad that I can taste it. Every free minute I have I am knitting. Next project: mittens!

3. I finally figured out how to ride the T and knit at the same time. The trick is to walk two blocks further and hop on the T at the stop before my stop. There I can always get a seat and then I can knit, knit, knit away for at least 30 minutes. The afternoons are a bit trickier, but if I throw some 'bows I can normally weasel into a seat. Of course, no amount of 'bows can be thrown to get a seat when the Sox are at home. Oh well.

4. Last night Nathan and I went out to eat with one of his co-workers and I had what I can honestly say was one of the best quesadillas of my life. The spinach and mushrooms were fresh, not oily and heavy, and there was just enough cheese to hold everything together instead of the goopy cheese that fills most quesadillas. Also, they served black beans on the side instead of refried. Loved it.

5. After dinner, Nathan's co-worker and I tried a new knitting group in Coolidge Corner. Awesome. I loved it. They are knitters like I am a knitter. Or rather, after I finish this sweater, I aspire to knit like they knit. They were talented, but not pretentious. They introduced themselves and are my friends on Ravelry now and that makes me smile.

6. Before knitting group, I finally got my long-awaited Pumpkin Spice latte. Well, it was definitely disappointing. Nothing at Starbucks is ever hot enough for me and it was just eh. Oh well. That saves about 500 million calories this fall.

7. And in really big news, our free wireless internet is back at home, so hopefully I can start posting pictures again. Also, we've joined Flickr, so if you want to be Flickr friends then let me know.

8. Hope you all have a fabulous Thursday! Our office is super busy today with Board of Director meetings!

7 comments:

  1. Sorry you're feeling poorly, sweetie...drink lots of tea. I hope you & Nathan are planning to get flu shots. Glad your knitting group was fun. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed about the knitting group! and guess what? the ravelry waiting list is FOUR days long now...jeez!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better! I;m not feeling so great myself :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1--I am sick as well, so now we can be sick BFFs. It is the sign that the students are back...teachers are getting sick!

    #2--I agree on the starbucks front. Especially their Chai! NEVER hot enough. It is always cold by the time I get to work...not that it usually lasts that long. Yay for long commutes!

    miss you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am ssoooooo glad your new knitting group is so cool! How nice to have a nice group of ladies to share in your fun! I can't wait to see pictures of this sweater! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you found a good knitting group.I love Coolidge Corner, we used to call it Coo Coo corner, because of all the traffic.
    I'm still recovering from a horrible cough and sore throat, hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why do I not have you on Ravelry? Mine's firrantello.

    Also, I <3 Flickr. Would also love to see your pics there. I'm jessycat_techie over there.

    Hope your sick goes away relatively quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker