Sunday, March 22, 2009

On the 6th day of packing...

if you can believe, I folded 8 million loads of laundry.

Yes, we washed EVERYTHING today so that it will be clean for life/packing/donations. EVERYTHING. I just folded it all.

I re-watched Season 2 of The Hills while I did it. I mean, I only made it through half of a season, but it was enough to make me sad that The City had its finale last week and make me excited for the next season of The Hills. It's such a great guilty pleasure.

Also, I was reminded again of how upset I get with the whole Heidi/Spencer thing. She KNEW he was bad news and still continued to be with him. WHY do girls do this? I mean, they do it all the time in real life too.

In other news, what's with the blog wars this weekend? Ladies, WHO CARES if someone does or does not like to wear Lilly? I mean, aren't we all friends in real life with people who are not exactly like us in every small way? Isn't that the beauty of blogging--getting to know people you otherwise would have had no contact with?

In college, I always used to tell potential new members that this was my favorite thing about my sorority. Through Alpha Xi Delta, I met women who I would have probably never met or gotten to know around campus (even though I went to a tiny school) because we were different majors, lived in different buildings, were members of different extracurricular activities. That's the beauty of it.

Blogging is much like that. Seriously--I read blogs of people who shop exclusively at thrift stores, those who have more disposable income than I and shop at high-end retail shops and a lot of blogs authored by people who share much the fashion sense as I do--look good, but do so cheaply via ebay, outlets and sales. Women who are stay-at-home moms, college students, high-powered executives can all pen a blog just as well as I can. I pick up tips from people who are better cooks, bakers, home maintainers, career women than me. I read blogs of people who are WAY more liberal than me and WAY more conservative than me. That's the beauty of it.

Anyway, sorry to join in the rant, but, seriously people, does any of this REALLY matter when it's all about building community and sharing our lives with each other?

5 comments:

  1. As a recurring side character in this blog, I have to illustrate Rachel Ann's point with a confession. I wouldn't know a Lilly dress from a burlap sack. I'm sure that I've seen Rachel Ann's pieces time and time again, but I would not recognize them as such. And yet, through the beauty of diversity, I'm the lucky duck who gets to call Rachel Ann my BFF in Boston, who inspired this blog's name AND the upcoming, yet-to-be-disclosed New York blog's name, and who, even in my Lilly-free wardrobe, looks at least a little bit darling most of the time. Rachel Ann = Lilly fan/expert supreme. I = Lilly is a pretty name for a little girl? Blogs wars are silly. Wear your Lilly and own it, or don't and own it, too.

    love, the Princess

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. This is by far the most lyrical day of packing. The "if you can believe" really matches the meter of "my true love gave to me." Had to applaud the finesse there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I don't understand the pettiness, either. It's a shame. Maybe it's because WE did sorority life, so we got over it years ago ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know there were blog wars going on. That is a shame because as humans we are not going to like what others like. Everyone has different tastes in clothing, food, guys, cars, etc. That makes us unique. I am so different from all my friends but I would not have it any other way.

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker