Thursday, March 26, 2009

On the 9th day of packing...

I went to Target and said good-bye to my co-workers.

You don't even want to know how boring the 8th day of packing was. I think I fell asleep at 8:30 or somesuch.

Still, the 9th day of packing was great. Granted, I didn't actually pack anything, but I bought some stuff for the new apartment and bought some clothing and cute shoes and my best friend got a JOB and I'm so ridiculously proud of her and sort of jealous because her job sounds incredible.

Oh, and I said some sad goodbyes and some not-so-sad goodbyes at work and we had a party.

And now, I am packing my little heart out. I was hoping to be done with everything today, but now I have dinner plans too--yet another goodbye--so I'm now hoping to finish packing the bedroom, bathroom and living room and save the kitchen and foyer for tomorrow. Oh, good word. Maybe I can get Nathan to pack some things too, although, let's be honest, he is great at so many things, but not really packing or staying focused on repetitive things. I said that yesterday and I think some people at work were miffed at our unequal balance of work, so let me preemptively defend Nathan. He sweeps, he washes dishes, he hangs things, he reaches up high things and he carries heavy things--all without questions. So what if I do everything else.

Also, I wanted to answer a few questions that had been asked in the comments.

Lisagh asked if I was switching to a new blog name post-move and the answer is Yes! I haven't had the time to make it at all pretty yet, so I'm holding off on the reveal for a few weeks. I will tell you this though--there are no places in the title! We apparently have problems staying put, so even though we think NYC is our final destination, I got smart and changed to a thematic name.

Laura asked about my commute. I'll be working in Chelsea and living in Washington Heights, so the commute will not be so bad. The trains run express and you can be in Midtown in about 30 minutes. We have 45-50 minute commutes now, so we're used to a bit of ride. It is a straight shot down the island though, so not having to switch trains is nice. Also, I'm embarking on a bit of an ambitious project that I hope to discuss more on the new blog that should fill my commute time.

So, that's that. I need to get back to packing. The countdown is almost over! Wow!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I am so excited to see your new blog! Good luck on the rest of your packing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me...I always side with Nathan! =)

    P.S. I might be dying...this is why I haven't called you. I know how you love it when I'm "dying" but I know it would be a distraction. And...I'm not positive you can hear my voice through the phone! Oh the joys of teenage germs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you were moving to Brooklyn??
    Washington Heights is a short train ride to the apt we stay in on West End Ave and 79th st.
    You'll have to check out a great little place near Columbia, it's called Kitchenette, and they have a FABULOUS breakfast/brunch. (which includes delicious, fluffy biscuits AND grits!!!
    You aren't too far from Grant's tomb, and the Morris Jumel Mansion. A really ADORABLE little section in Harlem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey
    On the 9th day of packing...
    I enjoy your blog!, This unique is just a totally nicely structured posting, I do appreciate the writing
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker