Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Here are a few things on my mind right now:

1. My straightener broke. My hair is a puffball today because I took a shower last night (in an effort to get warm sans-heat) and then went to bed with wet hair. I thought I would straighten it this morning. Guess not. My straightener was purchased 3 years ago for $12 at TJ Maxx. I refuse to pay more than $15 for a new one.

2. In the bathroom at my office, new hand washing cartoons have been posted. They're cute and remind us to not spread germs. Here's the weird part--they were commissioned by the Minnesota Department of Health and have Minnesota emblems all over them. Um...I work in Massachusetts. What's the story there?

3. I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off all morning. Our doorbell (yes, my office has a doorbell) has been ringing non-stop.

4. Thankfully, I'm going to meet Sis-in-Law for lunch in 15 minutes. This is pending, however, on everyone else from my office coming back in time for me to leave. We'll see.

5. You need to visit Laura's blog, A Dozen Eggs, and enter her Halloween trivia contest. We received our Halloween cookies yesterday and they are ridiculously delicious. You know how iced cookies usually taste pretty bland, but they're cute so you eat part of them and then discretely throw the rest away? Well, Laura's cookies are incredible! I would be proud to bake something that tasted so yummy. The taste is reminiscent of Moravian sugar cookies aka one amazing tasting cookie. So yummy. Enter the contest! Do it!

2 comments:

  1. They have a bunch of straighteners on sale right now at Ulta, I just can't remember how much they are. Good luck finding a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoyed the cookies.
    Maybe you'll win again!!

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker