Friday, October 10, 2008

No, I'm not gone yet...

I got my days mixed up and said goodbye too soon. This post really will have to hold you over until Tuesday.

Sis-in-Law sent a new blog to me this morning: Cake Wrecks.

It's pretty funny and also really informative. I just emailed the Mario wedding cake to a sorority sister of mine who loves Mario.

The site also brought up a very memorable personal cake wreck in my mind. Incidentally, my wreck occurred at the above mentioned sorority sister's pref night.

Y'all who were in sororities remember pref night. You're wooing girls (Bid Day's the next day) and you only invite girls who are guaranteed a bid. You're dressed to the nines and you listen to older sisters give speeches about how much the sorority has meant to them during their time in college and then you eat cake and talk to the potential new members about why your sorority is a good fit for them. It's a special, rather formal occasion.

Okay, now that we've set the stage, let's discuss my wreck. I cut our sorority's letters out of yellow sheet cake and iced them in our colors. It was beautiful. Our colors are double blue (light and dark) and gold. Everyone oohed and ahhed and I felt great...until we cut the cakes. That blue frosting stains everything! All of the sisters and the potential new members had their teeth stained blue and they had to go to the other sorority's pref night with blue teeth. I was pretty embarrassed. Now, I look back on it and laugh.

Oh well. I hope it brings you a chuckle on this Friday morning.

4 comments:

  1. blue mouth! i used to get those as a kid while eating cookie monster cupcakes :)

    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! What a fun blog to recommend, too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that Cakewrecks blog. Those are some of the funniest cakes I've ever seen, and her writing is hi-larious!
    P.S.I'll be sending you a little TY for posting about our giveaway. Perhaps some pumpkin pie spice cookies..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the marriage!!! Welcome to the club!!! best to you Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker