Saturday, June 7, 2008

Boston Mix

I love mix cds. Love, love, love them. Nathan and I used to make them for each other all the time. We made one for the Princess and the Environmental Cop when they got engaged. Part of BFF Bev's present to us bridesmaids was a mix cd crafted by her. I love them.

I learned the beauty of the mix at an early age from my brother who, honestly, makes some of the best mix cds in my life. His cds are like Nathan's--much more crafted than mine will ever be.

Well, my brother and sister-in-law made us a mix cd for the big NC to Boston move and I thought I'd share the track list with you since we still have a few more things to hang on the walls before I can take pictures of the finished place.

1. Dirty Water///The Standells
2. Boston///Augustana
3. Vineyard///Jackopierce
4. I'm Shipping Up to Boston///Dropkick Murphys
5. Boston///Kenny Chesney
6. MTA///Kingston Trio
7. Entering Marion///John Forster
8. Tessie///Dropkick Murphys
9. Sweet Baby James///James Taylor
10. Please Come to Boston///Jackopierce
11. Where Everybody Knows Your Name///Gary Portnoy
12. Sweet Caroline///Neil Diamond
13. Carolina in My Mind///James Taylor

3 comments:

  1. Here is some fun trivia for you:
    Do you know who the song Sweet Caroline was originally written for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I know you're likely going to think this is spam. And so be it, I guess that's the chance I take. But, I found your blog by doing a google search of "love mix cds".

    Well, I'm the hostess of a group of about 45 people who swap mix cds for fun and to be introduced to new music and to get to know each other. Some of the swaps are challenges (scavenger hunts) and the one we have going right now is crazy easy and it's just a swap of bands that start with The (Beatles, Mavericks, you get the drift).

    Anyway, long story short I decided to see if I could hunt out some new participants and came across your blog.

    If this is of interest to you at all please feel free to email me at mixcdsforall@yahoo.ca and I'll pass on more details.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker