Wednesday, June 11, 2008

House Tour!

Hoorah! It finally cooled off enough here that I woke up this morning, cleaned, baked and took pictures of the new apartment. So here we go!

First, how cute are these slippers? I've been wearing them all week (until it got unbearably hot) to unpack. They are the Vera Bradley Cambridge pattern and a gift from my Mama.

On to the tour! This is what you see when you come up the stairs. We've only met one of our neighbors, but she was really sweet.
These bookshelves greet you when you open the door. They are one of my favorite things in the house. Love them.
To the right of the door is our home office area (haha). It's a desk, but it's really convenient.
Here's a better shot of the bookshelves.
And here's a better shot of our home office.
On the right when you walk in is the door to our bedroom.
Love, love, love our bedding and the plate on the wall was a gift to my grandparents on their 50th anniversary.
Here's a shot of the washstand and out into the hall. Yes, we have plastic tubs and a box of bubble wrap behind our door. What are you going to do? We ran out of storage and you can only see it when you stand at this window. The door to the left of the washstand is our very deep closet.
Here's a shot of the dresser, the shoe tree and another window.
I forgot to take close-ups of the arrangements on the furniture, but everything is either white stoneware or pressed-flower photo frames. Now we're back in the hall looking toward the kitchen. The photo on the left is one of our engagement portraits that Nathan's sister had framed for us and on the right is a collage of wedding cards I made.
On the left is our teeny tiny bathroom.
Here's a shot of the bathroom window.
Monogrammed B towels! Love them! They are from a resort near Nathan's grandmother's house. The resort's name starts with a B so all of their towels are monogrammed with Bs. She loves the towels so much that everyone on her side of the family has a set.
This is looking into our teeny tiny kitchen.
Another shot of the kitchen. If you look closely in the upper left corner you can see a Rubik's cube. For those of you who don't know, Nathan is a Rubik's cube whiz, so I put up a shelf in the kitchen to display his collection and so he can hang out in the doorway and absently play with them and talk to me while I cook. The other night we found a Boston Celtics Rubik's Cube that I think he needs! Oh, and in this picture you can see the bread I baked this morning cooling. So yummy.
Here's the sink with my magnolia cutting board (gift from my mother-in-law) and owl salt and pepper shakers that were my grandmother's. The cutting board we use is bamboo and propped behind the dish rack.
Here's a shot of over our stove. The plate has ladybugs on it and says
Thank for the food we eat. Thank you for the world so sweet. Thank you for the birds that sing. Thank you God for everything. On the hutch is my grandmother's sifter and a cute potholder given to me by Yankee BFF.
Here's a shot of all the magnetic poetry that is awaiting visitors!
Directly across from the bathroom is our living room. Here's a wide shot and you can see the bay window.
Here's one of our end tables and Miss Marple's dining area.
The couch with UNC Asheville throw!
Nathan and his computer on my grandmother's sewing machine cabinet.
Dining room table with Vera Bradley placemats and wedding photos. I'm typing this from that very spot! We spend a lot of time here because three windows keep this room cool.
The other side of the room.
Wouldn't you like to stop by and eat some cookies with us? They are whole-wheat dark chocolate chunk--yummy!

So that's the apartment. I love everything except how bare the walls are. Nathan hates stuff on the walls especially if it is not a picture of us. It was a struggle to get him to hang those two plates. I'm very much the opposite--I like gallery-style walls that are covered. We'll see how it ends up.

Hope you enjoyed the tour!

8 comments:

  1. I really wish that i lived in boston right now because those cookies look amazing and that bread does too!! Your apartment is so you and i absolutely cant wait to see it. I think it would be fun to take pictures of the BFFs in Boston to add to your walls. I think Nathan would love that!!! I just need to get there first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...I think I teared up taking a tour of your grown up life!

    The apartment looks amazing! I love all the old furniture from your parents house! I can't wait to see it in person and explore Boston with my playmate!

    Love you~Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your slippers...i've got the same ones!!!! And I love the shelf...looking so straight and level. It look's like y'all are doing great. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, it is SO much bigger than I expected. And it's beautiful! Maybe we'll get up there to see it one day soon ("soon" = "within 5 years" = the bummer part of being a grown-up).

    I get to see you at my wedding in 10 DAYS! HOLY COW, WE'RE ALMOST TO SINGLE DIGITS!

    love, Guess Who

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, dear! We had dinner tonight with two of our BFFs and they told us about seeing your pictures, but they were careful not to give anything away so we would fully enjoy the tour. Love to you & Nathan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely place to call home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks soo perfect and put together, like a real home. I think there is plenty of room for visitors!

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker