Monday, June 2, 2008

The Move

It has been an exhausting weekend for us. We packed up the truck Friday afternoon and hit the road early Saturday morning. We drove I-95 to New Jersey and we hit lots of rain along the way. Thankfully we missed the violent storms in DC and Baltimore and just caught the rain, but it was still very tiring driving for Nathan.

We got to Yankee BFF's house around 6ish and proceeded to have a wonderful evening with her and her family. We had yummy tequila-lime grilled shrimp and panzanella and sat around and talked about life outside. It was great to catch up with her.

We left New Jersey very early yesterday and had a pretty uneventful drive to Boston. We ended up at the wrong office at first and sat around in the parking lot for a while before we figured out where we needed to be. Unfortunately, on our way to the correct office we got into an accident. It was the other person's fault and no one was injured thankfully. I didn't even know we had been in an accident until Nathan told me--that's how big UHauls are!

Our UHaul was fine, but the other guy's car was messed up in a pretty serious way. I mean, he hit a UHaul...that messes you up. Anyway, within one hour of being in Boston we had to call the police and deal with all that. My brother and the girls came to hang out with me and Miss Marple while Nathan took care of stuff with the police. My brother kept commenting on how chill we were in the situation--I chalk it all up to study abroad! Our travels have really mellowed me out. Besides, we had bigger fish to fry yesterday like moving all of our stuff in to the apartment.

So we finally made it to the apartment later in the afternoon and my brother and Nathan completely unloaded the truck while the girls and I placed boxes in the right rooms and tried to tidy up some.

Our apartment is gorgeous and a lot bigger than I thought it would be. As soon as we're unpacked I'll post pictures. The kitchen is unbelievably tiny though and the girls started calling it "the really tiny kitchen."

We all went to dinner last night at Wagamama and had delicious noodley, coconut soupy dishes. Mmmm...I have leftovers! Then we bought Charlie Cards and came home to crash.

The sun really does rise earlier here and Nathan and I were both awake around 6:30. It was alright though because we had stuff to do before his interview. It's at 10:30 this morning and I have an interview at 1:30 this afternoon. Hopefully good things come from them!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for both of you today...can't wait to see pictures of your new home...love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never gave you an official welcome....WELCOME TO YANKEELAND!!! i love my boston Bff and hopefully i can make it there soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker