Thursday, June 26, 2008

Urba-lates

One of the Princess' sisters is a certified instructor for Pi-Yo which is a Pilates-Yoga fusion class. I've been thinking of marketing my own brand of Pilates fusion--Urba-lates.

What is Urba-lates you ask? It's what is required of you if you take th 5:10 Red Line from Kendall Square. I guarantee that you will not be able to sit down. Most likely, you will not be able to reach a handrail to steady yourself. Sounds bad, right?

If you think about all the health benefits, however, it's really like getting a glitzy workout with about 500,000 of your fellow exercisers. I like to think of it as a subsidized, city-wide gym kind of situation.

Seriously, attempting to balance in heels with no hand rails while the train jerkily (and I mean very jerkily) accelerates and stops is an amazing workout for your core. I've been trying to think how I could simulate this in a DVD format so that I can charge two easy payments of $19.95 for my expertise.

I'll keep you posted on my entreprenurial ways and maybe one day soon you too can experience Urba-lates!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker